Saturday, January 2, 2010

Times Are A Changin'

Wow. It's 2010. (Twenty-Ten? Two-Thousand-And-Ten? Erm...Whatever-it-is..) and I'm not quite sure how that happened.

Where exactly did the last decade go? Ten years ago I spent new years with my parents in the nations capital on parliament hill....spending time with family in Ottawa. This year was quite different. We didn't go out, there were no huge celebrations or fireworks. But there was family, good food and laughter and I had a smile on my face the entire evening...so what more could I ask for?

I remember talking about the year 2000 and how far away it seemed, how old I'd be and how crazy it was to even think about it. And now it's the beginning of yet another decade...and life is just as crazy as ever..and I still don't know how it happened.

So much has happened in the last ten years...it's impossibly crazy to think about how different life is and how much I've 'grown up'...so here's a little recap of the last ten years..

In the last ten years I've...

*Graduated from highschool
*Moved out on my own into an apartment with one of my best friends
*Become an 'adult' in the legal sense of the word
*Graduated from university with a BA with a double major in history and psychology.
*Traveled to, through and around South Africa
*Graduated from teachers college
*Spent a year living in Switzerland
*Been a bridesmaid in two weddings for people I love
*Got my drivers licence
*Travelled to: Barcelona, Rome, Madrid, London, Paris, Athens, Florence, Berlin, Amsterdam, Prague, Budapest, Krakow, Milan, Vienna, Zurich and oh so many other wonderful European cities
*Was a nanny for three (kinda-sorta-really-spoiled) girls.
*Roadtripped to the east coast of Canada - twice.
*Worked on our farm every summer
*Said final goodbyes to a grandmother
*Watched as friends became mothers
*Cut off more than half my body height in hair in one ginormous cut
*Realized the importance of true happiness and following your heart (or your gut) regardless of what other people are doing, saying or thinking.

And that's just a small little list of some of the 'big ticket' life changing things I could think of off the top of my head.

The last ten years have been pretty crazy and amazing. They've been full of a lot of growth and a lot of changes...and I'm quite excited to see just what the next ten years bring :)

Cheers - and Happy New Year! All the best for 2010!

...However you want to pronouce it :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have done a ton in ten years! That is amazing! Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete