Friday, January 8, 2010

White Yucky

If you've talked to me lately, read recent blog posts or been in tune with the vibes my body is giving off...you know that I'm getting a little fed up with winter.

And it has barely begun.

I know that we've got a good few more months of this to come..and that depresses me like whoa.

It was snowing again this morning. And if it were two or three months ago...I would have been all 'AW! IT'S FAIRY TALE SNOW! HOW CUTE! I LOVE IT! LOOK HOW PURTY IT IS!'

But now..I just grumble. And mumble. About how it's cold. And how I hate the freakin' snow because it's stupid and cold and wet and gross and yuck. Snow is totally yuck. Snow is just a big old pile of white yucky. Yeah, you heard me. White. Yucky.

Did I mention that I'm sick of it?

Driving when there is no traction..anywhere. Having to wade through it to get out the front door. Having to clean off my car that's covered in pounds of snow (..which of course by the time that I get out of the house to go anywhere means that it's either a) melting and not at all light and fluffy but rather heavy and even more wet or b) thick layers of ice which are permenently stuck to my mode of transportation.) Shivering despite being all bundled up...and you waking up in the middle of the night freezing because your 22nd blanket fell off and now you can't feel your toes anymore.

Ick. Ick. Ick. Ick. ICKY.

I've decided that in my next life I want to be a bear..and hibernate all winter long.

Or MAYBE...I'll become one of my cats and sleep cuddled up all day in that pile of clothes I was supposed to put away and never got around to.

Good plan? Good plan.

PS - Since it turns out that I don't ACTUALLY have magical powers (I know. Gasp. Sigh. Tear.) and I can't ACTUALLY turn into a bear/cat/other animal that likes to sleep lots....anyone wanna bundle up like whoa and go sledding tomorrow?

...If you can't beat them..join them? Or something stupid like that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I laughed so much when I heard about your NYE in Barcelona! That sounds like exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me. Aw man, situations like this are horrible but they do make excellent stories to tell later on, right? ;-)

    I would LOVE for you to guest post for me! That would be awesome and I can't wait to hear about your misadventures. Any story is fine with me, just email it to me at mizzmanship@hotmail.com and I'll upload it onto my blog.

    Can't wait!
    Rach xxx

    ReplyDelete