Monday, March 22, 2010

That Time Of Year..

This time of year has always been one of my favourites..and I often get asked why. Why do I love the mud? The puddles? The changing of seasons? Why do I love spring the most..and not summer? What's so GREAT about spring?

Wanna know what's so great about spring?

Squishy squirmy mud puddles to ooze your boots into. It means that the ground is thawing and warm days are upon us.

The way the air smells. Crisp. Clean. Refreshing and new. As though ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible.

Longer days that make you want to sit outside and take in a sunset - after 4pm?! Who knew?!

Not having to wear a jacket anymore! HELLO WORLD! THESE WHITE ARMS COULD USE SOME SUNSHINE! THANKS!

Flipity to the flops. Hallelujah. I love you and how my toes can wiggle about freely.

Baby animals. Um. HELLO. Cute to the extreme. I think yes.

But my numero uno reason why I love spring?

It's maple season.

The sweet smell of sap boiling...indescribable. The taste of warm syrup just after it has come out of the evaporator...irresistible. Taking a walk through the sugar bush and catching some sap on your finger...irreplaceable. The smell of a wood fire burning while you catch up on the goings on of the day? Lovely. Amazing. Wonderful. And all of the other pretty adjectives that exist in this world.

It's in my bones. It's in my soul. I just..love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment