Monday, March 8, 2010

And So It Is..

I avoid religion discussions generally as a rule.

I have a few people who I will have a general theological discussion with..but with the vast majority of the population, I avoid it.

Not because I don't have my own beliefs or ideas, I do.

And not because I look down upon whatever yours might be - because I really don't.

I just find that so many of those sorts of things are such touchy subjects for so many people, that it's easier to just avoid that topic and move on to other things. I'm one KAJILLON PERCENT okay with people believing whatever they choose to without any sort of conflict or confrontation taking place...God, Buddah, Allah, or Aliens..as long as you can show me WHY you believe....or on the other hand..why you decide NOT to...I'm down.

Death makes you sit down and question these things though.

For a long time, I've had my own little ideas of religion and beliefs. They don't fit perfectly into any one little bubble..it's basically as if I learned little things from bits and pieces of them, put them together with some morals, tied them in a bow of values and that's where I am. There is nothing that really seems to FIT with my own little beliefs. To some, it may appear that I have none, but this couldn't be further from the truth.

Needless to say, the 'Church of Erin' has some weak points in its belief system.

Not everything is exactly worked out perfectly...yet.

And I think that's okay.

Would it be easier if I could have this magical blind faith that many around the world speak of?

Absolutely.

Would I love to have all of the answers to lifes perils?

With out a doubt.

But am I still going to be okay searching and looking for answers without a major religion in my back pocket?

Yep, I am.

My patchwork ideas are okay with me...and maybe someday I'll have enough guts to share them with the world..

But for today...I will sit with the quiet contemplation and the arduous sorrow that fills my heart..filling my mind with memories of the grandest nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment