Thursday, March 4, 2010

Numb

Death notices are such odd things.

Simple pieces of paper..that make everything that much more real.

How do you encapsulate 80 odd years into a miniscule section burried in a newspaper?

Married to, worked at, children, grandchildren, things they were involved in..

Almost 84 years, put into a hundred odd words. How is that even possible?

I could fill books with words.

With pictures.

With memories.

Someone decided that grief has five stages...denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance...but I think that numbness comes first.

Or maybe I just skipped directly to immense sadness and that is what this feeling is that I'm feeling now.

Alas, this too shall pass..and eventually the memories will come without the tears.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment