Thursday, March 25, 2010

How Sweet It Is

Spring has sprung! And it has brought us into the thick of syrup season! I often feel soooo lucky to grow up in this area of the world where we have an abundance of this 'liquid gold'. Luckier still? To grow up on a farm whose first crop of the year is making that sweet nectar! Wanna see why I love it so much? Well, there are a million and a half reasons why..but here is a little glimpse into my world in the spring. Mud puddles, the sweet smell of sap boiling and walks through the woods. Love :)




Charlie and I going for a walk in the woods :)



A few snowshoe prints - before the snow melted!



Sticky, yicky, lovely mud!



Drip...drop!



We do it all by bucket! No pipeline for us..hello muscles!



Can you tell it was a beautiful day and I was having fun playing with the camera?!



The sugar shack!!



The sugar shack on a sunny afternoon :)



The steam from the evaporator :)



Putting some more wood on the fire!



Pouring off some of the first syrup!!



Oh Canada - I love you!





And THAT folks, is why I live in one of the most awesome places in the whoooole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment