Wednesday, May 12, 2010

La De Da

I had a lovely little chit with my brothers fiance Jenny the other day.

This warrants a few points.

First point? I knoooooow. How the HECK is my LITTLE brother old enough to have a FIANCE? Yeah. I have no idea either.

Second point? I love her. SO MUCH.

A friendly goodmorning turned into my lunch break as we chit chatted the last minutes of the morning away. Chit chatting about the future, the world, friends, life, and everything inbetween.

It just made me so happy to know that my brother has snagged such a lovely gal. Someone who I can chat with, who loves my family, who loves my brother so much and is such an important part of his life...because everyone should have but...but of course the older protective sister in me always wants to believe that her baby brother deserves the best of the best.

It's just nice to have someone who shares similar values and ideas. Who can laugh and talk about something so ridiculous and insignificant and then can just turn around and flip and have a serious conversation with you about this, that or the other thing. Who will play boardgames with you, who will listen to your stories (even if she's heard them 17 times before), and makes REALLY good cookies. Because cookies are awesome. Especially when Jenny makes them.

I love that we can tease each other, we work (and work well) together, that she gets what I'm saying before I've ever said it and always seems to have this happy and cheerful disposition, even when I'm sure she could be anything but. I love that she came with us to South Africa, that she's a part of our family business and that she's not afraid to tease my mom when she does something silly...just like the rest of us.

I'm so excited for them to buy a house, to get married and let me pretend I have a sister (it counts - right?). To have babies that I can spoil (and give back!) who will love me bunches because I'm their crazy fun aunt. Emphasis on the crazy.

They're perfect for each other - and she fits perfectly in our family...and I'm so happy to have her in my life.

Now all I need to work on is finding me a nice boy who fits into our family too.

Yeah. Erm. Ha. Well. 'Bout that...

Have you NOTICED the quality and calibre of guys around here? Makes me kind of nervous just thinking about it. Kind of makes me want to stick to being the crazy aunt. Gimme a few (more) cats, a sister in law and a rocking chair and I'm good.

You know, in the crazy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment