Friday, February 12, 2010

Who Knows Where The Time Goes?

I'm not entirely sure when I grew up.

I'm now staying with my cousin and her dad, who has alzeihmers. Time passes differently for him...he'll ask what day it is and when we tell him..he says 'it's STILL february?' and sighs and proceeds to tell you how it can't be february because it's been February for at least the last six months...and then you know that at that moment, time seems to stretch on forever for him.

And then he'll ask what year it is, or how old someone is and he'll stop, stare, exclaim some form of expletive and then you know, that he has no idea where the heck the years have gone.

It's not unlike how time passes for me I suppose..the days go and go...and then suddenly I look up and time has flown by and weeks, months and years have happened, and I'm still not entirely sure when that happened, when I grew up.

Today was one of those days I woke up - when my little brother celebrated his 22nd birthday. When did I get old enough for my LITTLE brother to be TWENTY-TWO. SERIOUSLY.

Regardless, it does. There is nothing anyone can do to stop it, to pause it, to rewind it...and so like everyone else, we go on...but not only do we go on, we live the best life that we possibly can.

And then, I celebrate the fact that I have had 22nd years with the best little brother that anyone could ever ask for.

Even if you're taller than me, stronger than me, are getting married before me, have more money in the bank than me and are probably smarter and wiser than me you'll still always be my little brother :)

Happy Birthday Kiddo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment