Monday, November 23, 2009

Suzy Not-So-Homemaker

Tonight I got a craving...for rice krispie squares.

A craving so bad, that I had to have them...NOW. And not just now..but RIGHT now.

I have no idea why in the world I desired them so badly..but I did.

So I ran into the kitchen and dug around the kitchen cupboards hoping to find some marshmallows. There were none to be found. My heart was so sad. Then suddenly, out of the corner of my eye..in the very back of a top cupboard...I found them.

I questioned their best before date..but couldn't find one. Then, I wondered..can marshmallows even GO bad?

At this point..I just wanted some rice krispie squares...and wanted them badly..so I didn't even care...and started on my way to making them. Except that the marshmallows wouldn't really melt. They were going soft, going squishy..but just forming a giant clump of...whole marshmallows.

After a good 10 minutes of them not even coming close to melting...I was absolutely confused..and sad.

Figuring I had nothing to lose...I threw them into a bowl and into the microwave.

Did you know that microwaved marshmallows puff up like crazy..but (in this case) still don't melt?

Being my sad self still...I put the now puffy marhmallows back into the pot.

Discourage at my valiant attempt to fufil my craving...I stirred them some more.

Still..nothing. Just a giant clump of not-so-melted marshmallows.

Figuring I had nothing to lose..I dumped a couple of cups of rice krispies on top of the whole mess hoping that if I poured enough love and muscle into it..they'd still turn out.

They didn't.

Well, unless you count a block of marshallow coated on the outside with rice krispies a success.

Which, luckily..my audience of Charlie..does.

How does anyone manage to screw up rice krispies?!

...This coming from the girl who once actually burnt pasta to a BLACKENED CRISP which caused the fire alarm to go off. True story.

Wow. I'm impressive. Funny thing is...I usually can actually cook...I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment