Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Silly Sorrows

I've sat here for the past few days moaning and groaning about how my body aches. My head hurts. I can't stop coughing. I have no appetite. I'm exhausted even though all I do is sit, then sleep, then sit, then sleep.

And then I check blogger this morning..and have one of those 'ah ha' moments. You know, the ones that make you go..oh right. I'm just one little person in the GREAT BIG WORLD and in the grand scheme of the ENTIRE WORLD...I'm just one person who has a COLD. A measly, little, insignificant who-cares cold.

I stumbled upon a girl named Heathers blog a while ago...I don't really know how..but I did. And from that moment when I first started reading...I was captivated. I spent hours reading and pouring over blog entries and crying about how unfair the world is. I don't have kids, I have no idea what it would ever be like to be in their shoes...but their story shakes me to the core because it's just so HEARTBREAKING. And most times that she writes about her the things going on in her life...I end up sighing (see: bawling) and wondering how someone can be dealt a hand that..sucks. Sucks big bunches of monkey butt.

And then I read this post this morning and spent the rest of the morning pouring over another blog of a woman who has been faced with a crappy hand, overcome so many obstacles that life threw her way..and then, when it was least expected...the dealer played a joker and completely caught her off gaurd. At the age of 35, she has ended up in the ICU after having a stroke...while her family waits and hopes and dreams of her return to them.

It just really made me stop. Sit up. And look around. And realize that I'm pretty darn lucky. The hand I've been dealt has, so far (*knocks on wood*) been pretty good. Life has been kind to me. I found myself sitting here going...'So, I have a cold'...and my brain calmly answered: SO. WHAT.

There are so many worse things in life then a little, stupid COLD. So I realized that I can sit here and wallow in it and cough and be miserable..or I can choose to learn a lesson from these older and wiser women. Women who have faced so many more obstacles and overcome real pain, sadness and heartache in their lives then I could ever imagine. I realized that all I can do is hope, wish and dream this woman,Anissa, a woman who I haven't had the chance to 'meet' via the interwebs yet, who I know that I could learn so much from... will yet again prove that her strengths lie in overcoming obstacles so that she can yet again update her silly, witty, inspiring blog once again.

Oh, and I'll stop whining about how unfair life is that I have a cold while I'm at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment