Thursday, November 19, 2009

Incredible Intelligence

I've been lounging around watching tv the last few days. Which means...a lot-o-commercial judging has been going on.

Also, my brain is a little fried..sooo..it's been a lot of commercial confusion on my behalf.

Yesterday I saw a commercial for CBC (like the American ABC or the British BBC) ON the CBC which kept flashing these letters over and over again.

S-N-E-W

S-N-E-W

S-N-E-W

And I was like..what the heck IS this for? What is going on? What is this SNEW thing that they keep advertising? I racked my brains, and then the intranet for an answer...with little to..erm..no...avail.

Perhaps it the Swine News Epidemic Watch?

Or the Sasquatch Never Eats Whales organization.

Or, perhaps it was...Saskatoon Now Elevating Watchmen.

Point is...I had lots of possible explanations.

That is...until I realized that:

SNEW
SNEW
SNEW
SNEW

was ACTUALLY:

NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS

You know, like..the uhhh...news.

Yanno:

News (nūz, nyūz) (used with a sing. verb)
1.a.Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television.


Today's happenings proved once again that yes, I am a GENIUS folks.

I really don't know HOW I was blessed with quite this much intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment