Monday, April 5, 2010

Icecream Cake + Lazy = Lucky # 100

So today I've been all bummy. You know, doing nothing. As some of you may say, I'm taking a day off...whatever THAT means. It's a new phenomenon these days...but not an unwelcome one. In the summer I work a lot, and it's busy...maple season also happens to be busy like that...which means that days off are few and far between.

Despite having the day off...I've been up since 5:30am. Yep. Of course. The day that I CAN sleep in, I'm up in the wee hours of the morning...figures. So by the time 10am rolls around...I was working on my fourth load of laundry (So many clean clothes! And towels! And sheets! Huzzah!), I had loaded and unloaded the dishwasher..and then found some more dishes to tuck away in there for another load of dishes. I'd taken out the garbage, sorted the recycling, folded 2 loads of laundry and put clean sheets on three beds. I'd tidied up my room, scrubbed all of the counters and whatnot...fed the birds and the cat...and even changed the cat litter.

Oh, and I watched a movie. AND showered.

I was a busy, exhausted-but-can't-sleep bee. Evidentally early mornings are productive? Who knew?

Generally the sand man has my complete and total attention at these time of the day - but for some reason...I was all...able to get stuff done.

After doing my tidying and cleaning and general fun like that...I was bumming around reading random blogs and noticed Amanda's post about her next post being her 100th on her blog.

Out of sheer curiousity and boredom I was like...hmm..I wonder how many posts I'VE written in this blog.

So I looked - and found...that I also had written 99. And that my next would be my 100th. Sometimes I'm convinced that Amanda and I are twins. Except different quite different. Besides the whole..living in Peru, being married and yadda yadda...basically the same person.

Anyways! To think - I almost missed the occasion! Luckily - my almost-but-not-quite twin was all over that.

I've been blogging, journaling and writing in various places for the vast majority of my life...so I guess it's not THAT big of a deal...but it's always fun to celebrate..because who doesn't like to celebrate?!

So in celebration I am watching fireworks...and eating icecream cake (Awesome.)

Okay. Not real fireworks. But I did win a game of solitare and it's now shooting off fireworks on my computer screen..which has gotta count for...something? AND I really really really AM eating icecream cake (for real - not just virtually!) - and we all know that icecream cake is REALLY what matters in life anyways.

So here's to the next 100 posts..should anyone actually ever have read the last 100 and care to read the next ones :P

And should you be in the area...come on over and have some icecream cake to celebrate. And while you're at it..bring me another slice. After my cleaning spree this morning I've been lying on the couch and fear that I've permenently attached myself to it and will need more sugar infused with reese's peices to gain enough energy to drag myself to bed...and am feeling a little too lazy to go and get myself some more of that delish cake fun. This just in - sugar infused girl going craaaaaaaaaazy and needs more sugaaaaaar.

So come one, come all..and bring sugar. Stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment