Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bebe Watch

Baby Watch 2010 is still in full swing 'round these parts..

Sometimes I look at my cousin and all of the sudden I'm like 'WHOA! DUDE! YOUR GONNA HAVE A BABY! LIKE! SOON!'

Except that I (mostly) try to say that kind of stuff in my head. Because she'd PROBABLY thing I was a little nutso. And since her due date is two days away...she's kinda got that crazy pregnant lady look going on. The look where she might kill the next person who says the wrong thing.

You know the one. The one where she's like "HOW WAS THIS POSSIBLY A GOOD IDEA...THIS NEEDS TO BE OVER. NOW."

To say that she's uncomfortable would be an understatement. To say that I'm scarred for life about the idea of having children...would be the opposite. (an overstatement? hrm.) She's been in pain for two weeks. Like, constant 'I can't sleep pain' and her doctor is all 'yeah, sometimes that happens! I'll offer you an induction a week after your due date if the baby still hasn't come!' Plus, she's been having irregular contractions on a regular (not regular enough) base for weeks. I know it's only going to get worse, more painful, more tiring and more EVERYTHING..but I keep trying to reassure her that eventually the baby will be here and she'll forget all about the crappy stuff (that part has to be true, or how else would ANYONE ever decide to have more than one child?!) and luckily for me...her husband is taking more of the 'stop saying stupid things death glares' then I am. Infact, I don't even think that I've gotten ONE yet. Although I'm sure that'll change before the baby comes.

So we're still waiting over here for the little one. Wondering when he'll come. We all keep saying 'TODAY has GOT to be THE DAY' - alas, we are all proven wrong at the end of everyday. I've started using reverse psychology and telling her belly that I don't really WANT the baby to come, and he should stay in there forever and I'm really busy and don't have time to kiss cute little chubby cheeks ANYWAYS.

It's still not working though..

And I feel myself getting closer and closer to pregnant death stares everyday.

Maybe TODAY will be the day.

At least for the death stares.

..The whole baby thing? Yeah...you can't trick me into thinking that it's going to be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment